Pages

10.1.15

Peanut, banana and cacao refrigerated oats

I have started the new year trying to eat healthier and to try and work out 3-4 times a week. At the moment I'm doing well. But it's only the 10th January!

I really struggle eating breakfast for 3 reasons - 
I have to leave for work at 8am and have lots of things to do before leaving
I can't stomach anything heavy very early 
I also can't be bothered to faff about making something

These are probably the same excuse for you reading this too..
But wait I think I have the answer. Peanut, banana and cacao refrigerated oats.

It's healthy, quick and is all ready for you in the morning. Perfect



Ingredients- 
1/2 cup of oats 
1/2 cup of almond milk (you can use any milk you prefer)
1 Tbsp Cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
1 Tbsp Smooth Peanut butter (crunchy if you prefer) 
1 Tbsp honey 
1 chopped banana

Optional 
1 Tsp Flax and Chia seeds 
Fruit to top and chopped dark chocolate to top 

Recipe- 
This is the easy bit. Place the oats, almond milk, cacao powder, peanut butter, honey, flax seeds and banana in a plastic container and mix together. I don't add the banana at this point. I prefer them chopped up on top. Put in the fridge overnight. 

In the morning take them out of the fridge, top with fresh banana or if you want a cheeky treat some chopped dark chocolate. 




So there you go-  the easiest, tasiest and healthiest start to those early mornings.

Let me know how you get on.
Much love, 
Natalie xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there,
Thank you very much for taking your time to read my little blog. I'm quite new to this so please be nice! I will try and reply to every comment..
Love Nat
Xxx