Pages

13.1.15

Easy peasy carrot cake muffins


I love carrot cake. What I don't love is the amount of fat and sugar in it. So here is an healthier option - Carrot Cake Muffins


Ingredients - Makes 12 muffins

Carrots - 330grams once peeled and grated 
Plain flour - 280grams
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon 
1 medium egg
120 grams of white sugar
90 ml almond milk
90ml vegetable oil 
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (I use vanilla paste)
3 tablespoons honey 

I used 80 grams cream cheese and kept adding icing sugar unti thick enough. You don't have to have icing, but its extra yummy. 

Recipe 

1 Preheat your oven to 190c and put 12 muffin cases into your baking tray.
2 Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl - flour, baking powder, bicarbonate, salt and cinnamon. 
3 In a separate bowl, break the egg, then add milk, sugar, vanilla essence and honey. Then add the oil.
4 Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry. Do not over mix, it will be lumpy.
5 Spoon into muffin cases and cook for 20 minutes. (Times may be different, check with a scewer)
6 Top with the icing if you want. 


 Let me know how you get on with these. I hope you love them as much as I do.
much love, 
Nat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there,
Thank you very much for taking your time to read my little blog. I'm quite new to this so please be nice! I will try and reply to every comment..
Love Nat
Xxx